Thursday 5 January 2012

Lunar Dragon Year is coming :)


The Dragon is one of the 12-year cycle of animals which appear in the Chinese zodiac related to the  chinese calendar, and the only animal that is legendary.    For year 2012,  it is going to be Year of the Water Dragon for the Chinese Lunar Year,  as we will bid goodbye to Year of Rabbit which is the animal for 2011.   This coincide with 23rd Jan 2012 of the western Solar Calender, so we can count down another few days before the Festive Season again  and this spring festive will last as long as 15 days, till 6 February 2012 :-).

 The Dragon is considered a  noble animal symbol that represents the Chinese emperors in ancient chinese history.   And is a symbol of success and good fortune.   This time, I find Dragon my theme for miniature craft.

I painted the miniature I made with golden colour match the theme of great wealth and fortune.    Display with the floral setting with birthday peach 寿桃, together I wish dear friends of every corners of the globe a Great Year 2012 and a Great Lunar Dragon year as well!  

Best Regards,
Wellajoy!

6 comments:

  1. I love your dragon and the whole scene is so pretty!
    Have a great New Year and Great Lunar Dragon Year!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear friends, am so happy you like the scene XD! Thanks & hugs :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you made that dragon? Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, yes ...... as I told Snowfern my daughter said it looked like lizard, she said they are all reptiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. are you kidding me, ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!?!? WHERE GOT LIKE LIZARD holymoly that is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete